Sustainability at MTT
Environmental sustainability is an important topic here at MTT – we try and ensure that our business runs as sustainably as possible, and we make the smallest impact on our planet that we can.
Our new offices:
- Located close to public transportation hubs .
- Lockers and showers provided to encourage walking/cycling .
- Run mainly on solar power – the solar arrays are expected to generate around 50 Kw at maximum capacity during daylight hours , which is enough to take care of a large part of the building’s routine electrical energy requirements.
- Home working 2 days a week for all team members.
- All lighting is LED, with presence detectors in all main office areas, meeting rooms, stairwells, cafeteria and corridors.
- Optimised use of gas heating and air conditioning, especially during seasonal extremes, with a new Building Management System (BMS).
- Outside-air-cooling vent system for the server room rather than air con.
- Paperless systems apart from hardcopy certified documents.
- Recycling bins with clear labelling and signage to help us correctly dispose of waste.
- Boxes to recycle pens, one of the most used items in our operations.
- We donate or recycle any IT equipment that we no longer use.
- We use reusable dishware and cutlery as well as water dispensers, to reduce waste from single-use materials.
- Where possible we give a second life to kitchen items in good conditions that we no longer use, donating to charities in need.
- Book swap scheme to encourage sharing of pre-loved books
Fostering sustainability outside the office
- We are taking active steps to encourage employees working from home to improve their sustainability.
- We also look closely at the environmental impact of our suppliers.
- All external servers that host our websites, apps etc are UK-based and guaranteed carbon neutral.