Professional Telephone Interpreting Services from MTT
While having an interpreter present in person for a meeting, court case or factory tour is always going to be the best option by far, having someone on the telephone (or video link) who can help is sometimes the next best option, particularly if logistics are tricky, there is no interpreter nearby or what you need to know is not detailed or mission-critical.
How does telephone interpreting work?
To book an interpreter, get in touch with the date and time of your meeting and any background details you can provide. Once our quote has been agreed and the call set up, the interpreter can join your call and help facilitate your conversation.
How is telephone interpreting charged for?
We generally charge a standard rate per hour. Typically, a telephone interpreting session is about the same cost as an interpreter attending in person, however you are not charged for any travel costs.
Who will the interpreter be?
Our interpreters are all professional linguists who will be selected based on language combination and skillset. They will be experienced in handling interpreting assignments over the telephone, where hearing clearly what has been said can sometimes be an issue.
What can I do to prepare for using the telephone interpreting service?
If possible, please have this information to hand:
- Language combination needed
- Timezone/location of the person you want to speak to
- Agreed time and date to make the call – bearing in mind time differences!
- Correct phone numbers – preferably a landline and a mobile as back-up
- A brief summary of what you would like to discuss so we can select the best interpreter to handle the call -eg legal, medical, engineering, marketing, personal, sales
- Your own list of what you want to speak about, ideally having sent over any relevant documents beforehand to your contact, so they have had time to take a look
Whatever your circumstances, we will endeavour to assist as best we can.
I need an interpreter urgently – is this something you can provide?
At MTT, we prefer to hand-pick our linguists so that we are sure they are the most suited for the subject matter. This can of course take time, so we prefer to have at least 5 days’ notice of your appointment.
If you need a telephone interpreter at very short notice or for just a few minutes, we would be happy to direct you to an approved supplier who can facilitate this.
I need some telephone interpreting help - how do I get things moving?
If you have the above information to hand, just give us a call on 0844 856 1086 and we’ll get started straight away.