DENIOS originated in Germany and has grown into a global market leader over the past few decades.
At the UK Office in Newport, Shropshire with a 37,225sq ft production plant, a wide range of large specialist storage containers are manufactured for the safe storage of chemicals. The company also produces work safety and environmental protection equipment.
Midland Technical Translations (UK) Ltd, was asked to undertake a large series of technical translations from German to English to support the operations of the UK branch.
What kind of documentation and formats were involved?
This documentation ranged from technical user manuals and guides to online shop and marketing materials. Formats included standard Word documents, pdfs, xml, txt and idml files, with volumes estimated at 130,000 words plus.
What timescales were required?
Depending on urgency and volume, the timescales for the individual documents ranged from same day delivery to within a couple of weeks.
How did MTT ensure continuity and consistency?
MTT were able to support DENIOS in a number of ways to ensure a quality service:
• A database of existing translations was picked up and we used this as a basis for ongoing projects to help ensure consistency.
• By ensuring the customer’s specified CAT tools were used, the customer was able to continue working as they had done with their previous supplier without loss of continuity.
• A specialist team of professional technical translators was assigned to carry out this customer’s work. The linguists involved visited the facility to see the products being made first hand. This ensured that they were fully familiar with the products and had a chance to ask questions directly.
• After the visit, the customer knew exactly who was translating for them, which helped improve communication for ongoing translation projects, both for the UK office and the German HQ.
• A wide range of additional language resources was made available to support other marketing projects where required.
What does our future cooperation look like?
With DENIOS growing in the UK as a recognised supplier of work safety and environmental protection products, MTT is well placed to support this expansion and ensure consistency of their technical and marketing messages in the coming years.