Professional Welsh Translations from MTT
There are around 750,000 native Welsh speakers in the world; most of these are based in Wales (580,000) and England (150,000) but small pockets can be found throughout the world in places such as Argentina (5,000), USA (2,500), Canada (2,200) and New Zealand (1,000).
Welsh is classified as a Celtic language and is written using the Latin alphabet, it was one of the earliest written languages in Europe. In 1536 the passing of the ‘Act of Union’ of Henry VIII prohibited the use of Welsh in public administration and the legal system. This act had a disastrous impact on the Welsh language. It has been a minority language in Wales since 1911 when it was spoken by 43.5% of the population of Wales. Welsh is currently spoken by around 21% of the population of Wales. Most of these native Welsh speakers are located in North and West Wales. Welsh continues to grow in popularity, there are almost 20,000 adults currently learning Welsh and hundreds of these succeed in becoming fluent Welsh speakers every year!
At MTT, we provide translation to and from Welsh using only highly qualified native speakers who are often experts in their chosen field – be that legal tenders, instruction leaflets or council brochures.
If your business is looking to expand into Wales, or if you wish to make the most of existing contacts there, having professionally translated and accurate Welsh documents, manuals and press releases could be a benefit. MTT is here to help you every step of the way with reliable, creative and cost-effective solutions to your translation and interpreting needs.
At MTT we can arrange a variety of professional Welsh translation services for you.
Our Specialist Subjects:
We carefully match our specialist Welsh translators to your particular requirements for every project:
- Accountancy & Finance – Insurance, Banking, Sets of accounts, Buy-outs, Administration documents
- Arts & Culture – Tourism, Food & Drink, Advertising, Fashion, Design, Cosmetics, Music
- Automotive & Transport – Maritime, Aerospace, Assessors reports, Manuals, Drawings
- Business and Commerce – Tenders, Council Housing, Local governments, HR, Training
- Education – Schools, Charity, How to guides, Social, Family, Architecture
- Engineering – Mechanical, Electrical, Plastics, Tooling
- Environment – Oil and gas, Water, Health & Safety
- I.T. – Websites, Telecommunications, Internet
- Legal – Litigation, Probate, Criminal, Property
- Marketing & Media – Press Releases, Research, Sales
- Medical – Veterinary, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacology
- Science – Physics, Chemistry, Chemicals, Patents, MSDS